Top 8 Best Solar Battery Bank Reviews
Battery banks oozing with massive power in sleek and compact designs are now essential, portable devices for people on the go, providing utmost convenience in having a power source readily available as the need to recharge phones and gadgets arises. However, even these conventional power banks will eventually run out of charge after several uses. Sometimes, they won’t even last for a day, leaving you without the power to recharge your fully drained phone, thus disconnecting your vital communication lines. This is where a solar battery bank comes to the scene, offering an unlimited power source even when electricity is scarce or unavailable. So, if you’re ready to make the shift to solar battery banks, check out our reviews of the top 8 solar battery banks to help you get started with your choices.
- Best Solar Battery Banks at a Glance
- Top 8 Best Solar Battery Banks
- 1. QiSa Solar Power Bank – Best Overall
- 2. Nekteck Solar Charger – Best Budget Solar Battery Bank
- 3. Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel – Best Single Panel
- 4. FEELLE Solar Power Bank – Best Foldout
- 5. OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank – Best Waterproof
- 6. BLAVOR Solar Charger Five Panels Detachable – Best Versatile
- 7. Rockpals 250W Portable Power Station Kit – Best for Laptops
- 8. YELOMIN 20000mAh Portable Solar Charger – Honorable Mention
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best Selling Solar Battery Banks
Best Solar Battery Banks at a Glance
At a glance, below are the top 8 brands of solar battery banks with individual reviews of each product.
- Best Overall – QiSa Solar Power Bank
- Best Budget Solar Battery Bank – Nekteck Solar Charger
- Best Single Panel – Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel
- Best Foldout – FEELLE Solar Power Bank
- Best Waterproof – OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank
- Best Versatile – BLAVOR Solar Charger Five Panels Detachable
- Best for Laptops – Rockpals 250W Portable Power Station
- Honorable Mention – YELOMIN 20000mAh Portable Solar Charger
Top 8 Best Solar Battery Banks
Our reviews of each product were centered on quality, capacity rating, price, customer feedback, and actual tests on the products.
1. QiSa Solar Power Bank – Best Overall
If you’re looking for a high-capacity power bank you can charge through solar power, then the QiSa Solar Power Bank 30000mAh could be the right one for you. This is a perfect power source on the go that keeps our devices fully charged for hours. With dual-output ports, you can simultaneously charge two devices, plus extra wireless charging for Qi-enabled compatible devices. It delivers ultrafast charging, almost twice as fast compared to the standard single-input power banks.
The rugged design and durable Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene or ABS materials with IP-66 rating provide extra protection against shock, dust, and water, making it suitable for heavy use and in harsh environments. The QiSa Solar Power Bank is designed for outdoor use, and it is an ideal power bank to carry around for hiking, camping, traveling, and in emergency situations. Taking into account the high 30000mAh capacity that gives you more hours of charging for up to three devices with wireless capacity, plus the strong and durable materials, the QiSa Solar Power Bank is our top pick for the best overall solar battery bank.
- High-capacity rating at 30,000mAh
- With wireless charging for Qi-enabled and compatible devices
- It is made of strong and durable materials with a waterproof and anti-shock design
- High price
- Undefined warranty
2. Nekteck Solar Charger – Best Budget Solar Battery Bank
- Built with high effeciency SUNPOWER Solar Cell panel, the power conversion rate increases up to 21%-24%, providing more power to recharge internal battery than ordinary solar charger.
- Compact, portable & stylish design; Easily fits into your bag to provide instant power; Football grain design has anti-skid protecting effect ; Perfect for long flights, road trips, hiking, camping or...
- Grade A cell, High Capacity, Build-in 10000mAh Lithium Polymer battery which chareges via a powerful SunPower solar panel ;2.1A output allows for simultaneous charging of your devices at high speed...
The Nekteck Solar Charger offers one of the best alternatives to power on the go without breaking your bank. For a minimal investment, you’ll get up to 1000mAh of capacity in a mobile power source that can charge up to two devices while getting the source from solar power. The dirt-, shock-, and rain-resistant design is strong enough for rugged use, and the battery bank lets you charge up to 1000 times. The lightweight construction of only 10 ounces makes it easy to carry around, and it is compatible with many devices, such as the iPhones, iPad, Galaxy S8 and S9, Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, LG phones, Huawei mobiles, and even mobile gaming consoles like the Nintendo Switch. Moreover, it has a built-in flashlight you can use during power outages and with LED light indicator that tells you the charging and discharging process and if the device is already fully charged.
On the downside, the Nekteck Solar Charger will take longer to fully charge the device using purely solar up to 48 hours. However, you can shorten the charging time if you connect the battery to a power outlet through a USB cable. If you have problems with factory defects, you’re covered by a 12-month warranty, which is not bad at all for a solar battery bank that is very affordable. No doubt, the Nekteck Solar Charger is our top pick for the best budget solar battery bank.
- Affordable price
- Up to 1000 charge cycles
- With 12-month warranty
- It may take up to 48 hours to charge the device in full via solar
- It’s not a high-powered solar charger
3. Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel – Best Single Panel
- 5 Watt panel gives you the solar collecting capability needed to charge your phone anywhere the sun shines
- Built-in kickstand clicks into place at multiple angles, so you can easily position your panel for optimal solar collection
- Rugged and durable, built to last as long as your adventures do
The Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel has a unique offer by letting you connect and charge your device directly to the solar panel. So, it’s not a home solar battery bank but a solar panel you can also connect to any compatible power bank. The 5-watt solar panel battery bank provides the solar-collecting capability to charge your phone and your rechargeable battery banks anywhere under the sun. It is equipped with a built-in kickstand that lets you easily set up the device at multiple angles, so you can position the panel to optimize the solar collection.
By itself, the Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel can already charge a mobile phone, but it would be quite bulky to carry around. That is why it is best paired with Goal Zero Flip 12 Portable Phone Charger or External Battery Power Bank with 3,350 mAh capacity for mobile charging advantage. Alternatively, you can use other compatible power banks or mobile phone chargers to pair with this device. However, the built-in charging dock at the back of the panel is specific to Goal Zero Flip 12, which is a separate purchase. This is an ideal solar power source during camping and outdoor adventures where accessibility to an electric power source is scarce. The design makes it easy to strap on your backpack, so you can collect solar power while on the go. So, if you are shopping for a solar panel battery bank, the Goal Zero Nomad 5 Solar Panel is an excellent choice, and it is also our top pick for the best single panel.
- It is a great solar power source for direct-charging phones and battery banks.
- Lightweight and durable construction.
- With 12-month warranty.
- The 5-watt capacity may not be enough to charge more advanced phones.
- It requires a separate purchase of Goal Zero Flip 12 for the best use.
4. FEELLE Solar Power Bank – Best Foldout
- 25000mAh High Capacity: With its high capacity Lithium polymer battery, this solar charger has 8 charges for iPhone 11, around 6 charges for S20 and at least 2 charges for tablet, ideal for fishing...
- 4 Solar Panels: When its solar panels is unfolded, the solar power bank captures solar energy almost equivalent to an ordinary 5W wall charger. While when them is folded, it is small and compact to...
- Dual 2.1A USB: The solar phone charger can charge two devices simultaneously. A 2000mAh phone can be fully charged by our solar charger power bank in 1-1.3 hours and a tablets is about 2 to 3 hours.
Weeklong outdoor adventures in the wild are best enjoyed with the FEELLE Solar Power Bank. It’s your ultimate power source for extended periods of time without available electricity that will keep your phones and tablets fully charged at all times. Each fully-charged power bank can give your iPhone 8 up to 9 charges, Samsung Galaxy S6 up to 8 charges, and up to 3 charges for iPad Mini 4. Plus, you can charge two devices at the same time, and charging a 2000mAh phone will take about 1.3 hours to charge, while tablets will take 2 to 3 hours to charge. The gargantuan capacity rating of 25000mAh means you have 92.5 watt-hours of power to charge various devices, and it can be taken on a plane. The travel-ready four-piece solar panels easily attach to your backpack and unfold to optimize solar charging while you’re trekking or hiking. In the event of a power outage, this power bank can serve as your emergency LED bright lights with three light modes to choose from, such as Steady, SOS, and Strobe. With such capacity and quick charging time, the FEELLE Solar Power Bank is the best foldout power bank we can recommend.
- It can charge iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S6 up to 8 times.
- Gargauntum capacity of 25000mAh.
- With built-in 3-mode emergency LED lights.
- High temperatures can damage the battery pack.
- Heavier weight than other home solar battery banks.
5. OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank – Best Waterproof
- Adventure-Ready: Rubberized military shell and sealed ports; IP67 waterproof, dustproof, dirtproof, crushproof and drop-tested to withstand the abuses of the wild; the perfect partner for your...
- Power For Days: 25,000mAh provide enough juice to charge your phone for a week! Keep your gadgets (phones, cameras, headlamps, and GPS devices）powered up on road trips, hikes, and travel adventures....
- Truly Cable-free and Tangle-free: Frees you from messing cables, recharge your Qi-enabled smartphone on the go without a power cord; Charge up to three devices at the same time
The OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank is built for serious outdoor adventures with its military-grade construction, designed to take abuse and rugged use. The sealed ports and rubberized military shells reinforce its longevity and durability, providing shockproof, dustproof, and IP67 waterproof features. Charging with OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank is mess-free, without the annoying cables and wires, since you can make wireless charging with Qi-enabled devices. It can serve as an emergency or backup light as well, with an LED light function. The high capacity of 25000mAh is like a week’s worth of power that you can carry around everywhere that will keep your smartphones, gaming devices, music players, e-readers, tablets, and other portable devices fully charged, without worrying about running out of batteries. It also features a Pass-Through Charging Technology that allows you to recharge your power bank through a wall outlet while simultaneously charging other connected devices. Plus, the faster recharge function supports a quick overnight charging of 8 hours for a full charge through the 4A double-input ports with Type C and Micro USB slots. With this lithium-polymer battery, you can recharge more than 500 times, with power equivalent to 1,742 AA batteries. This allows you to take part in minimizing the disposal of alkaline batteries out of landfills. The military-grade durable construction with IP67 rating makes the OUTXE 25000mAh Wireless Solar Power Bank the best waterproof rechargeable solar battery.
- You can recharge the lithium-polymer battery more than 500 times.
- Charges up to 3 devices simultaneously and up to 7 charges for iPhones XS.
- It is made of military-grade materials that are shockproof, drop-proof, and waterproof.
- A bit bulky and heavy construction.
- It may take up to 100 hours to recharge the battery solely through solar.
6. BLAVOR Solar Charger Five Panels Detachable – Best Versatile
- Detachable 5 Solar Panels：BLAVOR brand new design with higher solar energy conversion. When 5 premium solar panels is magnetically attached, it works as a solar panel charger with MAX 1300ma...
- Qi Wireless Charger：The wireless power bank can wirelessly charge all cell phones that support Qi wireless charging technology. Cable-free and tangle-free, compatible with iPhone XR/ XR MAX/ XS/ X/...
- Three Flashlight Mode：Press the power button for 3 seconds, work as a torch, press the button again,flash as a outdoor signal light, press the button again, quick flashing Strobe light comes after...
The BLAVOR Solar Charger has five premium detachable solar panels that also function as a solar panel charger with a maximum of 1300mAh charging current. When detached and sealed with a bar, one solar panel becomes an individual dual-port power bank with wireless charging capacity for Qi-enabled devices with a capacity rating of 10,000mAh. The foldable panels can open up to provide more solar surface area and fold back with a one-click button for ease in storage. Plus, it has an LCD real-time power display for quick tracking of solar charging processes. There are four ports for extra charging flexibility, such as dual USB, Micro SUB, Type-C, and Qi wireless, making it compatible with most Android and iOS devices. Every time you press a button for 3 seconds, the solar panels will transform into a torch, an outdoor signal light, and a flashing strobe light. It has an auto-detect function that automatically pairs with connected devices and makes adjustments to provide optimal output. Considering its versatile design that converts the solar panel into a power bank, the BLAVOR Solar Charger is our top pick for the best versatile solar power bank.
- With LCD power display for real-time monitoring.
- It has a detachable solar panel that converts into a power bank.
- Four ports for Dual USB, Micro USB, Type-C, and Qi wireless.
- Standard capacity rating for a mid-priced solar power bank.
- It’s not waterproof.
7. Rockpals 250W Portable Power Station Kit – Best for Laptops
- ROCKPALS SP002 60W Solar Panel and ROCKPALS 250W Portable Power Station: ROCKPALS 60W portable solar panels constructed of high-efficiency solar arrays, convert up to 21.5-23.5% of solar power into...
- Widely Compatible: 250W power station features 2* 120V AC (300 Watt Surge) worldwide outlet, 4* 12V DC and 2* 5V USB ports; 60W solar panel features 3* USB ports, and included different size of...
- Faster Solar Recharging: When the 250W power station charging with solar panel, suggested solar panel of 60W/18V for better charging, you can also use other recharging ways with wall outlet and car...
The Rockpals 250W Portable Power Station is not your ordinary power bank. Instead, it’s a power station kit oozing with so much power that can charge not just smartphones and portable handy devices but can also recharge car batteries and laptops and serve as a temporary power outlet for home mini appliances, CPAP machines, tablets, car refrigerators, remote control devices, and more. The 250-Watt portable power station and 60-Watt portable solar panel can convert as much as 21.5–23.5% of solar power into free energy. It is capable of functioning as a backup solar generator system and as a backup off-grid power. The power station has four 12V DC ports and five 5V USB ports. If you’re burning hours with your laptop every day, the Rockpals Power Station would be an excellent backup power source. It will allow you to charge your 50W laptop up to 5 times, watch a 32-inch LED TV for up to 3 hours, and recharge mobile phones up to 25 times. The power station kit contains two products that are also sold separately, but you can save on costs with this kit. So, if you have high-power requirements and a backup power source during power outages, the Rockpals Portable Power Station would be an excellent option. The price may be too high, but it’s cost-effective for home and office use, especially if there are appliances that need regular power.
- You can recharge laptops and car batteries with this power station.
- It’s a complete kit with a 1-meter car charger cable, adapters, and connectors.
- It can serve as a backup power generator and off-grid power.
- Very expensive price
- Setup required with bulky and heavy construction
8. YELOMIN 20000mAh Portable Solar Charger – Honorable Mention
- 【High Quality Portable Solar Charger 】: Made of durable and reliable ABS+PC+Silicone material.Solar phone charger, featured with compass and 2 bright LED flashlight. Awesome for outside activities...
- 【FRIENDLY REMINDERS ON SOLAR POWER】: As the charging speed is subject to sunlight intensity, solar panel size, and panel conversion rate, which may take long time to charge.The primary way to...
- 【Compatible with Multiple Devices】: Compatible with all smart phones,Tablet and other USB devices. More than 900+ recharge lifecycle. Solar Charging Travel Power bank with Flashlight / Carabiner,...
If you are looking for a portable and handy solar power bank without adding too much weight, then the YELOMIN Portable Solar Charger would make for a perfect partner for your everyday hikes and activities. The 20000mAh-rated capacity is enough to keep your phone fully charged for the entire day. It has dual USB output ports that let you charge two devices at the same time. However, it would be best to charge a single device at a time for a quicker charging time. The sleek and lightweight design makes it easy and light to carry around anywhere to recharge your mobile phone. It’s a great, handy solar power source for a small price to pay.
- It has good rated capacity of 20000mAh for a budget solar battery.
- With dual flashlight that also works as a torch.
- Very lightweight, which makes it handy to carry around.
- Slow solar charging time.
- Simultaneous charging of two devices will slow down charging time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the frequently asked questions about solar batteries.
Do I Need a Solar Battery?
Not all people may appreciate the need for a solar battery, but if you’re someone who quickly burns power for your personal gadgets and devices due to consistent use, you would surely appreciate the need for solar batteries. Conventional power banks may give you the temporary power source to charge your mobile phones, but regular recharging of multiple devices will quickly drain power banks, leaving you with no more extra source of power to recharge. If you have a solar battery that recharges using the free energy from sunlight, you are guaranteed that you’ll have enough power to last for days and weeks, even when there are no power outlets around to recharge the power bank. So, this makes it a practical power source on the go during weeklong travels, camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
What Should I Consider When Shopping for Solar Battery Banks?
When shopping for a home solar battery bank, there are a few essential items in the specifications that you need to check to ensure you’ll get the best value for your money while giving you the best possible experience with the product. One of them is the rated capacity. The higher the capacity, the longer the charging hours you will get. This leads to another factor, which is deciding for your intended use. If you’re buying a power bank to recharge your smartphone once or twice daily, you’ll do good with a 10000mAh power bank. If you charge several times in a day for several devices, you may have to go for a higher-capacity solar battery bank. Another important factor is the charge cycle, which is the number of times you can charge devices with your battery bank until it goes dead. Some battery banks can recharge up to 500 times, while others can do more. Another notable feature is the type of output port, such as USB, Type-C, and micro USB. Make sure they’re compatible with your Android or iOs device. Other vital variables are a brand, price, waterproof and shockproof features, and more.
How Much Do Solar Batteries Cost in 2021?
Standard solar battery banks shouldn’t cost you more than a hundred bucks these days in 2021. In fact, the most affordable with nice features you can get will only cost a little less than $30 on the market. However, batteries with higher rated capacities of 20000mAh will cost you more at around $50–70 bucks. If you, however, opt for much higher capacity ratings, the cost will go upward in hundreds of dollars. If you’re unsure how many milli-amp hours you need, you can use a solar battery bank calculator to compute the right capacity suitable for your everyday power needs.